Macclesfield / Remote
Blue Beck, a successful software developer based in the Northwest of England are hiring for a UX Designer to join our team and work on an ongoing app project. You’ll work as part of a multi-disciplined team to design user focused solutions that will take this app to the next level both on iOS and Android.
Whilst we are currently remote, our office is based in Macclesfield, close to the train station and we offer flexible working options.
The purpose of the UX Designer role will be two-fold:
- You will support internal projects in the early Discovery Phases by undertaking UX Research tasks such as Usability Tests, Stakeholder Interviews, and Analytics Reviews.
- You will turn the insights you have found from your research into recommendations, producing wireframes and working collaboratively with UI Designers to bring your ideas to life.
About the role
- Be the advocate of the user's desires, needs, motivations, and contexts.
- Utilise your strong understanding of the human centred design process.
- Conduct regular user research, utilising moderated and unmoderated methodologies.
- Analyse qualitative and quantitative user data.
- Present findings to product owners and stakeholders.
- Conduct self generated research.
- Create detailed wireframes and user flows.
- Create high-fidelity prototypes.
- Apply accessibility guidelines to your work
- Work iteratively on your designs in an agile environment.
- Closely work with development and testing teams across split locations, some of whom are remote.
- At least one year of experience as a UX designer specialising in mobile apps (iOS and Android)
- Proficient with tools such as: UserZoom, Overflow, Sketch, Illustrator.
- Experience conducting moderated and unmoderated usability tests - Think aloud sessions, Click tests, Design Surveys and Card Sorts.
- A sound understanding of iOS and Android design guidelines.
- A proactive self-starter who owns their own work and takes responsibility to deliver high quality UX design by working cross-functionally with key stakeholders.
- A passion for user-centred design with the ability to solve complex problems.
- Be able to work collaboratively and have great interpersonal skills enabling you to. interact effectively.
- The confidence to influence, share and collaborate early on in the design process.
- Experience of working effectively in an Agile Scrum team.
How to apply
To apply, send over your CV and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org